Thread Rating:
  • 163 Votes - 2.99 Average
The second Philippine furmeet! April 20 2008
Sun Apr 13, 2008, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: Sun Apr 13, 2008 05:58 PM by Wynther Knight.)
The second Philippine furmeet! April 20 2008
I had a blast hanging out with the other Fur earlier today!

I'm still kinda surprised I was able to survive 2 whole days with only two hours of sleep. I came from an 8 hour work, went home, slept for two hours, got up and fixed myself up to go to the meet. The streets were jam-packed in traffic, 3 of us were stuck in it, althought one manage to get there on time. Soon everyone else started appearing. There weren't really that many of us, 9 to be exact. We met at the Bubblestea Place at the basement part of the mall. I arrived and found 3 furs already there, Trias, Michael and Moonfang.

Soon other came one by one. Theres Tillwolfster, Von, Vince, and Gruff. We started eating there, talking and getting to know each other.Trias, Michael and me played Mario Kart on DS. Michael wanted each and every one us to draw out fursona on paper. Till had to go away early cause he had a meeting.

After that, we hit the arcade, Trias and Micahel were really really good on DDR! I wouldn't want to challenge them over beginner. Moonfang, totally owned me on that game. Von and I played House of the Dead, but my gun wasn't working. Vince tired the virtual Guitar, Tiras the Virtual Drums and Micahel played Tekken 6.

We decided to get lunch at Pizza Hut, unfortunately Michael had to stay behind to meet up with a friend, we didn't see him after that. We ordered 2 family sized all-cheese pizza, Gruff and and Trias raced Mario Kart on DS, Moonfang and Von plaed Bust-a-Groove on PSP. During lunch, Gruff and Trias talked bout nursing stuff (both of them are nursing students), even upto the point of talking about "House" (the TV series).

After lunch I asked them if there was a hobby shop somewhere in the mall. There was but it was a small stall. Most of the stuff sold are Magic cards and Heroclix. Trias bought two starter packs ot Magic the Gathering, Kamigawa and said his goodbye. So now we were 5.

We continuted with our stroll in the mall when FeroMcPiglet texted Gruff and said he is now in Toy Kingdom (Kinda like "Toys R Us"). He works there so we decied to pay him a visit. By this time Von was really feeling sleepy. Fero was the there helping to promote "Iron Man" for Toy Kingdom, which is gonna be shown here on April 30. I am So gonna watch that. After a few chats, I decided that it was time for me to go home, as it was already past 5 pm. Gruff, Von, Vince and Moonfang, stayed to play out their last remaining tokens at the arcade. After that, they also left and went their separate ways.

It was an interesting meet, people you don't know by face yet feels like you known them for a long time. Gruff suggested that we have some sort of agenda for the next meet and I told them than maybe we should meet somewhere else other than a mall.... too many distractions.

Furs who weren't able to make it: lightning46, Megawolf, Wolfox, Ian, and Sean. I hope next time we would all be there.

Pictures can be found here: http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b8/Wyn...pshot2.jpg

Upto now, humans still confuse, amuse and amaze me.
Visit my FA!
This is my DA!
Lookie here! My LJ!
Yay! My Webcomic!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Sun Apr 13, 2008, 11:32 PM (This post was last modified: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:32 PM by Hollud.)
RE: The second Philippine furmeet! April 20 2008
Nice!

And to plan for bigger things, a regional meet! Or maybe something like http://www.meetup.com where we all can meet on one particular day, no matter where we are. With the advent of technology, what's a combined video conference in today's technological age?

But that's just me. Tongue

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Wed Apr 16, 2008, 12:51 AM
could be but what if everyone could not go online at the same time coz of some reason?
Find all posts by this user
Wed Apr 16, 2008, 08:54 PM
Vince_03 Wrote:could be but what if everyone could not go online at the same time coz of some reason?

Hmm... Well, unless there is a technical fault or breakdown, I think it might go along quite smoothly.

In any case, we could always start planning early and then prepare contingencies if needed.

Hollud. Simply, horse.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Philippine Anthro Festival (PHAnthroFest) Toothless 1 4,615 Sat Jun 15, 2013 01:20 AM
Last Post: Canis Enigmas
  Fancy a KL furmeet? Chibi_Chan 24 29,595 Sun Jul 10, 2011 01:09 AM
Last Post: BlueDragon
  KL official furmeet svenkennson 3 6,138 Tue Jun 22, 2010 02:58 AM
Last Post: svenkennson
  Free-rides furmeet for FilFurrypinos in Star City Cindermane 5 8,314 Fri Oct 10, 2008 03:47 PM
Last Post: Vince_03
  Another furmeet for the Furrypinos! Wynther Knight 15 20,519 Fri Sep 12, 2008 04:10 AM
Last Post: Cindermane
  FurMeet in KL.. Woot! David Snow 1 4,660 Fri May 30, 2008 04:10 PM
Last Post: David Snow
  singapore furmeet veemaster 3 6,567 Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:48 PM
Last Post: veemaster
  A planned second Philippine Furmeet Wynther Knight 44 62,822 Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:30 AM
Last Post: Wynther Knight
  If every pinoy fur will set up a furmeet, where will it be (in the Philippines)? Timmichan 19 24,946 Sat Jan 26, 2008 09:24 PM
Last Post: Vince_03
  A small furmeet in Pasay City, Philippines...lolz gruff22 34 42,956 Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:49 AM
Last Post: sherinkhal