Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fursona 3 (journal story series)
Wed Sep 12, 2007, 10:54 PM
RE: Fursona 3 (journal story series)
11 Sept 2007
Hello, journal. Nice day, today, other than the rain making me sniffle again.

I finished most of the material I was supposed to teach all the way to late October. Circuit design's a bite in the skivvies. I know, it's ill-advised to gloss over my lectures like this, but I gave them complete notes, and it'll just be exercises and quizzes from now on. I'll be so glad when the Dark Hour goes away.

I haven't had much sleep, of course. It doesn't really affect me, though sometimes I wake up feeling like a sack of manure. (And smelling like one. Sometimes. Ugh.) It also doesn't do much for my health, but nothing really does, except teaching and fixing things. Keep on truckin', you old wheezy dog.

On a more delicious note, cream cheese and cayenne pepper are an adventure for the tastebuds.

Business talk: The exploration of Kundalini goes steadily, though I wish we had more support. (who doesn't?) I've heard that some SEES cells have members that can sense Shadows well ahead of the exploring party. I'm jealous, of course, but not so much that I'm fooled to think I need it. I'm just saying, you'll learn to memorise each Shadow's weaknesses and skills yourself, eventually. Makes our crew a lot less lazy about knowing thy enemy.

Note to self: implement ESP evaluation on Lalita. There's something about that crow-girl I can't put a finger on.

Speaking of which, the latest addition, Lalita, is fitting into the routine very nicely. She's quite enthusiastic, and is unusually skillful with the use of her Persona, which seems to be the Mesopotamian demigod Annunaki. (The literature for that was sparse. Argh.) We've been well-covered so far, but her frost abilities are something new to add to our strategy.

Oh, and during a chat, Vanyo told me that higher levels of Jakarta's tower have been inaccessible for weeks. Ryuumajin keeps his rounds, nonetheless, but the rest of the team seems to be taking it easy. Since I asked (I didn't) he is coming over to help us in exploring Kundalini soon, in between his temporary systems analysis job. I know we'll fly through floors much faster with him around.

As for Him, well... he'll find it in himself to join me. Eventually. I hope.

...I just realised I wrote more about Dark Hour than Me Hour. Yes, I did know what I was getting into from the start. I just hope we made enough effort to make all members understand this. Caveat emptor.

Mental dog signing off,
Shuraim.

>> I'll get to a normal narrative structure soon, and these "journals" will become more like interludes.

Renegade... I don't know why you would go to the trouble of saying/discussing how "it's not your thing" unless there's something you're insinuating. x_x

Characters
Shuraim - (Hanged Man) Bisclavret [Zio,Pierce,Charm]
Kaynine - (Star) Procyon [Megido,-kaja,???]
Dobb - (Death) Barghest [Mudo,Zio,???]
Delta-HT - (Fortune) Nekomata [Garu,Recarm,???]
Lalita - (Tower) Annunaki [Bufu,Dia,???]
Vanyo - (???) ???
Ryuumajin - (???) ???

Tower Of Kundalini
1st Block - Muladhara

Fusion Spells
Dog's Day Of Summer (Procyon+Barghest) - Restores small amount of HP and SP to all allies.
Bewitched (Nekomata+Barghest) - Medium chance to inflict random status effects on all enemies.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Wed Sep 12, 2007, 10:59 PM
12th September, 2007

Dear SEES members,

We've had a rough week of excursions into Kundalini, and have celebrated as many solid victories as we have survived close shaves. However, it seems we've hit a milestone recently, as the 58th floor seems to be the highest one that we could access for an indefinite time, and that means we can take it a little easier now. I'm sure some of you have tests and exams coming up, and I suggest you catch up on study. As for those with jobs, I'd say your colleagues should start seeing you clocked in looking a little more refreshed.

Thank you so much for the time and effort you have given into taming the Dark Hour, and protecting those who are asleep from its predators.

As some of you may know, tomorrow is the first day of the month of Ramadhan, and also the first day of fasting for Muslims. I'd like to take this opportunity to invite all of you to my home on Friday night, the 14th of September, for a little feast and get-together. There will be good food, good company, and quite likely, good times. You can find directions and other details in the attached PDF file, and if you have any concerns or problems, you may just call or see me. I really do hope all of you can make it, I promise it'll be worth it.

Shuraim Mussawyr.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Thu Sep 13, 2007, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:47 PM by Renegade.)
Quote:Renegade... I don't know why you would go to the trouble of saying/discussing how "it's not your thing" unless there's something you're insinuating. x_x

If it's anything that i'm insinuating, anything at all, it would be that it sounds kind of... i can't really find the word... but it's probably either "stereotypical" or "generic" (or something along those lines). I mean, why always a threat that only a certain group of people "or special beings" can perceive? In the case of anime, why are they always backed up by large organizations with unlimited resources? And why do they always have these super powers that make them invincible? But as i mentioned early, these things seem to be incredibly popular... even pokemon, which as been using the same plot since day 1. Confused

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell's afraid I'll take over.

The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.
- Achilles

[Image: BadDayAtOffice.gif]
Fri Sep 14, 2007, 12:50 AM
Settings. The only difference is who,what and when. And it's not stereotypical actually, the plot is much deeper and matured.

From what I understand, why blame anime about the whole only special group got powers? Look at other stuff like that. Superheroes and superheroines stuff mostly. If you can,look at history,why are things like the Three Fatimahs? Why Jesus and his disciples created Christianity? Why are they the ones and not us? Why is there Julius Caesar? Why is there Iosef Stalin? Eventhough some are not a "pack" and most are single person, why are they special?

In short, most plots from Anime are from real life situations,same goes to cartoons and movies.

[Image: Persona_Hero_Banner.jpg]
Fri Sep 14, 2007, 05:02 PM (This post was last modified: Fri Sep 14, 2007 05:22 PM by nightPhaser.)
>> May I strongly suggest you move this discussion into its own thread? Please? =/

Persona users in all the Persona game have their "powers" as a form of punishment/atonement for deeds of powerful people/organisations before them, usually not apparent from game synopses because they're spoilers. Since the characters' nocturnal efforts that have an effect on the real world are left unacknowledged, the point in P3 is that their powers and their perception of Dark Hour is not enviable. As distinct from the more ontologically-complex main Shin Megami Tensei line, Persona deals with psychological evolution and maturation, which no person already with a bias against anime-styled storytelling seems to stick around long enough to notice.

I too am tired of many of anime's general tropes, failures at being creative/mature, and clumsy plotting, but since I was introduced to it, Shin Megami Tensei's / Persona's stories have been a breath of fresh air under the deceptive veneer of stereotypical finish.

As to why they are popular: why is any work of heroic creative fiction popular? It's just another form of the hero's/heroes' journey, in another cultural context.

So I believe: If you don't dig it, there's no need to say it while inside a bar with people who do.

>> For those still with us.... Coming up on F3:

The team spends some time knowing each other better.
Another group emerges, unsupported by SEES.
and
It will be an unusually cruel Ramadhan for Malaysians this year.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Fri Sep 14, 2007, 06:17 PM
I'm curious. How does one get mentioned in your fictional journals? Mind inserting mine? Big smile

[Image: insouciant3.jpg]
Fri Sep 14, 2007, 11:31 PM (This post was last modified: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:38 PM by nightPhaser.)
>> LOL! Dude, I already penned your character in, actually.

13th September, 2007
It was mostly quiet that late Thursday night, other than the sound of passing cars or crickets or monorail trains. Tommy was walking home from another grueling day of drawing and flipping (aka animation) for an animation company that no one seemed to know about even after three years. As he waited for a traffic light to change, he considered changing this unfortunate state of affairs, into anything that would get him out of such soulnumbing work.

He lifted his tabby-furred face, wondering why the traffic light was taking so long. What he saw was the sky turning sickly green, a bright yellow crescent grinning in the sky, and all the lights going out around him. He looked around, seeing cars stuck in their places, and the monorail pausing like a scared caterpillar. "What in the... hell...?" The Twin Towers were the only things with lights still on. He squinted, as it seemed to have moved. The towers twisted and warped, curling around each other like mating snakes. He was grabbing his phone camera when he heard a sloshing, sticky sound from a dark corner behind him. He turned, slowly, as the disturbing sounds got closer.

"What are you doing out here?" Tommy let out a cry as a thin, dark canine man pulled him back by the shoulders and pushed him against a partition enclosing a construction site."What were you thinking wearing a flimsy thing like this on Dark Hour?" The man slapped the back of his hand against Tommy's shirt. "And what's wrong with you? If you don't evoke something, you die, get it?"

"Hah? What?! Please, let me go!" The stranger's face made a half-snarl. "Tch, so you're a fresh one." The man pushed Tommy into a dim, moist alley, where he fell onto his rear end. "Stay. There. I mean it." the man said, as he went away.

Tommy heard a something like shattered glass, then the sound of liver being pushed into a blender. He poked half his face past a wall edge, and saw the dark man glance back at him before slipping quickly into the shadows. He fumbled with his phone, only to see that it refused to function. Holding himself close to the wall, his eyes clenched shut. "There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's..." he said, a Dorothean's mantra that went on for as long as he waited there in the silence.

He heard the rumbling of a monorail car passing above him. As he opened his eyes, the streetlights had painted the street with more familiar colours, and though it was quiet, it did not remind him of death. Tommy looked around, to see if the strange man or his victim was anywhere nearby, and saw nothing of the sort. He hurried himself back home, hoping to forget what happened.

Characters (Set 2)
+ Tommy - (Sun) Baihu [Agi,???,???]
+ DJ - (Judgement) Khentiamentiu [Mudo,Hama,Recarm]

Tower Of Kundalini
1st Block - Muladhara

Fusion Spells
None

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Sat Sep 15, 2007, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: Sat Sep 15, 2007 09:17 AM by Renegade.)
Quote:So I believe: If you don't dig it, there's no need to say it while inside a bar with people who do.

The main difference in consequence, of course, being that in a bar one could be stabbed, killed or worse; the worse that could happen here is i get typed at. Yes, i just couldn't resist pointing that out, even if it makes everyone think i'm a jerk (assuming i haven't done that already).

I won't continue the other argument (in accordance with the earlier request).

Heaven doesn't want me, and hell's afraid I'll take over.

The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.
- Achilles

[Image: BadDayAtOffice.gif]
Sun Sep 16, 2007, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:26 PM by nightPhaser.)
14th September, 2007
The corner terraced house was modestly-sized. The yard was clean and uncomplicated, except for a squeaky iron-seated swing. There was a Kembara in the parking space, but a few other cars were in front of the house. The curtains were drawn, but there was much activity inside.

A big bear of a man arranged squares of kuih lapis on a tray, joining other sweet colourful things. He lifted the tray, and grabbed a bowl with some oranges in it with his other hand, before walking out into the living room, which was already a small world of chatter, laughter, drinks and food.

Dobb was playing an RPG on the game console as HT stared at him with a mildly concerned look. Lalita animatedly described a dream she had to Kaynine, making huge gestures and smiling wide, almost spilling the rose syrup in her glass. Kaynine chewed on a piece of beef satay, slathered in peanut sauce, as he listened. The big ursine man placed the tray and the bowl on a clear part of the table.

"Hey, Pheebs. Those oranges?" said, Dobb, in the rare instance he broke away from the RPG. "Yeah. And Shuraim told me to tell you to stop calling me Pheebs." said Peabo, as he picked up a stack of used paper plates. "Same goes for the rest of you." He made a pointing gesture over the group. "Heheheh."

Peabo went back to the kitchen, where Shuraim was pouring soda into a tall pitcher of red syrup drink. "Peabo." he said, not moving his attention away from the stream. "Shu." He looked up and smiled at the bear, patting the pitcher. "Some more for you to bring out." Peabo looked at the 50-odd sticks of satay still untouched inside some tied plastic bags. "Are you sure this isn't too much?" Shuraim made a 'pfft' sound and shooed Peabo with his hand.

After some time, Shuraim went into the living room and set up the entertainment system. They all knew what was coming when he slipped a Video CD into the player. Shuraim wasn't a particularly bad singer, but it took three Bee Gees songs rendered in baritone before Kaynine decided to steal the mic before Shuraim stole their sanity.

In one moment, Peabo leaned in and talked quietly with Shuraim. "Things seem to go well with your little party there." Shuraim nodded. "Yeah, the furthest we can get now is floor 58 and..." "That's not what I meant, Shu." He turned to Peabo, made a face. "It's not what you think. I know you're really into it. But we're chilling out and stuff now, you really shouldn't bring business into family time." Shuraim nodded. "I'm sorry." Peabo held up a glass jar of Almond Londons to him. "That's okay."

As Kaynine belted out an interesting version of My Heart Will Go On, HT scooted himself next to Shuraim. "Did Vanyo say anything?" Shuraim took a sip of cool syrup, swallowed. "Mmmhm. He's already applied for a temp post here in Malaysia, but nothing's confirmed till later this month."

"Who's Vanyo?" Lalita asked, recovering for a bit from Kay's karaoke trance waves. "Only the funniest pink mofo this side of the archipelago." Dobb said, without losing sight of his Level 89 Protagonist slashing a black knight for massive damage. "Oh, really?"

"Yeah, really."

"Zohmugd."

Noticing an empty wicker basket, Shuraim went to the pantry to take a new box of serviettes, and on his way back, he saw Lalita poking at the dish stand. "What are you looking for, Lalita?" She was a bit startled. "Oh! Dobb needs a plate for orange rinds." Shuraim picked out a saucer for her. "Thanks!... Shuraim?" Shuraim raised an eyebrow. "Yes?"

"Well, uhm, it seems I'm the only girl around here. Not that I'm saying anything else here, but that is the case, isn't it?"

"I can't say it has escaped my attention, Lalita."

"So, uh, why is it that everyone's a guy?"

"To be frank, Lalita, I can't tell you why. But, if you wish, I can tell you why we get along very well."

Later that night, Dobb and Peabo were discussing the relative virtues of bara and bishie with a captive (and mildly uncomfortable) audience, when Kay's phone rang. He excused himself, as Dobb continued to inquire on the elusive charm of bulky men.

Kay returned, and gestured for attention. "I have some bad news."

A research facility owned by the Kirijo Group that studied Shadow physiology experienced a major accident a few hours before. Kay was told the Group would be unable to supply funds to international cells for an indeterminate time. Dobb frowned. "What exactly does that mean?"

"We'll have to find other ways to supply and fund our explorations." HT merely nodded. Dobb took another drink of syrup. Lalita held her hands out, perplexed. Peabo was looking the other away. Shuraim was quiet.

"Guys." Shuraim leaned back into his chair. "Let's not worry about this right now. We'll work it out eventually."

The conversations, laughter and discussions went on till late at night. It was not so late that each member did not already get home before the Dark Hour passed, and no one was willing to admit they were looking at the clock all the while.

Kay was the last to leave, and Shuraim went with him to the gate to send him off. "There's something about the accident I couldn't tell the others." Shuraim's brow furrowed. "What is it?"

"It was caused by an undisclosed experiment with a Shadow."

"They managed to acquire samples? Amazing."

"No, not samples. Whole Shadows."

They were..."

"Alright, Kay. Enough. Let's talk about this another time." Kay's ears folded back. "Another time. Please." Kay sighed. "Okay."

As Kay's car turned the corner, Shuraim looked up at the crescent Moon floating over him like a silver grin.

Characters
Shuraim - (Hanged Man) Bisclavret [Zio,Charm,Pierce]
Kaynine - (Star) Procyon [Megido,Hama,-kaja,]
Dobb - (Death) Barghest [Zio,Mudo,-nda]
Delta-HT - (Fortune) Nekomata [Garu,Recarm,Strike]
Lalita - (Tower) Annunaki [Bufu,Dia,Slash]
Vanyo - (???) ???

Tower Of Kundalini
1st Block - Muladhara

Fusion Spells
Dog's Day Of Summer (Procyon+Barghest) - Restores small amount of HP and SP to all allies.
Bewitched (Nekomata+Barghest) - Medium chance to inflict random status effects on all enemies.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Sun Sep 16, 2007, 10:48 PM
ARGH SPOILER! D:

Nice story. *Munches on orange rinds*
But I'm a carnivorous dog. I don't eat flimsy oranges.

Keep it up! It's really a great read. Smile

[Image: Persona_Hero_Banner.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Poem challenge : Your fursona nightPhaser 11 17,261 Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:51 AM
Last Post: Canis Enigmas
  The Short Story of Surroth and Farian gingertom84 0 4,259 Wed Dec 31, 2008 09:30 PM
Last Post: gingertom84
Rolleyes Short Story: "Bounce on Me" Ryuu Majin 0 2,960 Tue May 08, 2007 02:20 PM
Last Post: Ryuu Majin
  New Year's Story: An Evening In Xibalba nightPhaser 5 8,569 Wed Jan 03, 2007 04:17 AM
Last Post: gingertom84
  Fursona Disorder gingertom84 8 10,532 Thu Aug 17, 2006 08:36 AM
Last Post: nightPhaser
  Story inspired by song! Kai Whitewolf 4 7,778 Mon Apr 03, 2006 07:32 PM
Last Post: Krado
  Request: Story gallery/archive site nightPhaser 0 3,039 Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:38 PM
Last Post: nightPhaser