Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 2.38 Average
Open For Business.
Sat Aug 05, 2006, 01:37 PM
Open For Business.
After much consideration, I have decided to test and stretch the limits of my imagination.

As such, I'm offering to write short stories on your character for a limited time only. If you want such a story, reply below with what you want to be included in this short story. Details like the names of your characters, the scene and environment you want the scene to be set in and any specifics you wish to see inside this story.

My definition of short story is one that does not exceed more than 5 to 10 pages on a Microsoft Word document with Verdana font size 10. But that's the technical bit. I like to see short stories as a showcase of a character's personality... his quirks... his eccentricities. Situations where the character has himself in a tight spot would be another example.

When the story is complete, I will send you the original file and keep a copy on my hard disk.

Questions? Thoughts? Ideas?

Fire away.

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Sat Aug 05, 2006, 03:25 PM
RE: Open For Business.
>> Well, if you're up to it:

Shuraim (pic, some character details) who is able to speak to machines and makes a living fixing gadgets with it at his workshop/house on the coastline, is fixing a toy robot animal (like Aibo) given to him by a man, Mr. Amil, who has lost one eye... when the toy, named Yuhana by its owner, tells him she (yes, "she") does not want to be repaired.

What this means, and the decision to pick it up, I'll leave to you. ^_^ No pressure, Hollud-sama, but if you get it done, I probably could do a comic version of it.

>> In any case, wish you the best on these projects.

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter
Sat Aug 05, 2006, 03:29 PM
Hmmm,Dobb fighting the Brits at Somme during WW1...yay.

[Image: Persona_Hero_Banner.jpg]
Sat Aug 05, 2006, 09:41 PM
haha, I would definitely try this out if I have a more solid character. ;p good luck tho.

Don't touch me. I'm evil.
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: Thu Aug 10, 2006 03:28 PM by Hollud.)
RE:  Open For Business.
nightPhaserSpiral Wrote:Shuraim (pic, some character details) who is able to speak to machines and makes a living fixing gadgets with it at his workshop/house on the coastline, is fixing a toy robot animal (like Aibo) given to him by a man, Mr. Amil, who has lost one eye... when the toy, named Yuhana by its owner, tells him she (yes, "she") does not want to be repaired.

Would it be wise to refer to Shuraim as a hybrid? There are a few definitive species traits that are identifiable in your character profile and I'm a little undecided as to use which one.

And, as a species, what term would be best to describe Shuraim?

Story's progressing fairly well with one page complete. I'm got a ending to match the theme you have provided and I'm pretty eager to complete this piece.

Dobb Wrote:Hmmm,Dobb fighting the Brits at Somme during WW1...yay.

That would be a rather tough one, Dobb.

I kinda failed History. Badly. Really badly.

:=P

Hollud. Simply, horse.
Thu Aug 10, 2006, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: Thu Aug 10, 2006 08:04 PM by Pyurio.)
¡HAAAY!

If you have the mood to do mine, here is nakey (warning) and not so nakey ref pic, with some back story.

Vanyo lives on a small studio apartment in he middle of bustling city. When he is not working he likes to do simple pleasure in lives, like baking cuisine of dubious quality, watching people in the super market he works at (sometimes as the cashier, sometimes as the locker room attendant), and walking around the central park among various other things. One day, Vanyo finds a lost wallet in when he inspect the find and return deposit, it has been there for three month, and true to the stores policy, the find and return section held no more responsibility to keep the wallet.

The wallet contain significant amount of money, and some obscure identification on it. Being a honest and somewhat naïve goat, Vanyo decided, that he would like to return the wallet.

I'm not good with people
Fri Aug 11, 2006, 10:33 AM
Hollud Wrote:Would it be wise to refer to Shuraim as a hybrid? There are a few definitive species traits that are identifiable in your character profile and I'm a little undecided as to use which one.

And, as a species, what term would be best to describe Shuraim?

Story's progressing fairly well with one page complete. I'm got a ending to match the theme you have provided and I'm pretty eager to complete this piece.
>> Hybrid? That's fine by me. Frankly, it's all up to you, I'm interested in seeing how other people handle the character.

>> Shuraim is a wolfdog, cross between Indian wolf and German Shepherd.

>> Awesome, that's good to hear. ^_^

[ Proceed calmly. ]
DevianTART
FurAffiTiny
Fumblr
Twerter