Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Big!
Sun May 01, 2005, 01:56 AM
Big!
Complaint about Oh no it's Han:

While my better instincts counsel me to follow a policy of laissez-faire, there are a couple of Mr. Han's statements I feel I cannot let pass. To organize my discussion, I suggest that we take one step back in the causal chain and put to rest the animosities that have kept various groups of people from enjoying anything other than superficial unity. I certainly dislike him. Likes or dislikes, however, are irrelevant to observed facts, such as that Han wants all of us to believe that it is better that a hundred thousand people should perish than that he should be even slightly inconvenienced. That's why he sponsors brainwashing in the schools, brainwashing by the government, brainwashing statements made to us by politicians, entertainers, and sports stars, and brainwashing by the big advertisers and the news media. Not to be rude or anything, but just the other day, some of his loathsome goombahs forced a prospectus into my hands as I walked past. The prospectus described Han's blueprint for a world in which the worst sorts of puerile twaddlers I've ever seen are free to set the hoops through which we all must jump. As I dropped the prospectus onto an overflowing wastebasket, I reflected upon the way that I have never been in favor of being gratuitously fork-tongued. I have also never been in favor of sticking my head in the sand or of refusing to lay out some ideas and interpretations that hold the potential for insight.

I have the strength, ability, desire, and courage to criticize Han's grievances publically for their formalistic categories, their spurious claims of neutrality, and their blindness to the abuse of private power. Do you? From what I know of Han's ravings, he is saying essentially three things:

1. The sun rises just for him.
2. The kids on the playground are happy to surrender to the school bully.
3. His slogans can give us deeper insights into the nature of reality.

Obviously, all three of these are unmistakably nutty.

Insecure unenlightened-types often take earthworms or similar small animals and impale them on a pin to enjoy watching them twist and writhe as they slowly die. Similarly, Han enjoys watching respectable people twist and writhe whenever he threatens to destroy our moral fiber. I, for one, maintain it's important to continue discussing this even after I've made my point, because his magic-bullet explanations represent a backward step of hundreds of years, a backward step into a chasm with no bottom save the endless darkness of death.

Although Han would rather I discuss the personality flaws of unwed, pregnant teenagers, he decries or dismisses capitalism, technology, industrialization, and systems of government borne of Enlightenment ideas about the dignity and freedom of human beings. These are the things that Han fears, because they are wedded to individual initiative and responsibility. I am intellectually honest enough to admit my own previous ignorance in that matter. I only wish that he had the same intellectual honesty. I would like to digress here.

A more fundamental problem is that I don't want to build castles in the air. I don't want to plan things that I can't yet implement. But I do want to free people from the spell of irreligionism that Han has cast over them, because doing so clearly demonstrates how he says that it's inappropriate to teach children right from wrong. That is the most despicable lie I have ever heard in my entire life. Contrast, for example, his assertions with those of bitter, combative wackos of one sort or another, and observe that there is no contrast. I, by (genuine) contrast, take the view that we must develop an alternative community, a cohesive and comprehensive underground with a charter to view the realms of solipsism and Jacobinism not as two opposing poles, but as two continua, . If we don't, future generations will not know freedom. Instead, they will know fear; they will know sadness; they will know injustice, poverty, and grinding despair. Most of all, they will realize, albeit far too late, that the materialism "debate" is not a debate. It is a harangue, a politically motivated, brilliantly publicized, venal attack on progressive ideas. It's somewhat tricky to shatter the adage that Han acts in the public interest, especially since the media in this country tend to ignore historical connections and are reluctant to analyze ideological positions or treat a fringe political group seriously. He is an inspiration to benighted dopeheads everywhere. They panegyrize Han's crusade to diminish our will to live and, more importantly, they don't realize that if you think that this is humorous or exaggerated, you're wrong. It should come as no shock to anyone that if Han succeeds in his attempt to lay waste to the environment, it'll have to be over my dead body.

Although theoretical differences can be drawn between his dastardly, twisted activities and harebrained, yellow-bellied post-structuralism, these are distinctions without a difference. Even if his facts were reliable, they were gathered selectively and then manipulated towards favored conclusions. On the issue of antipluralism, Han is wrong again. Sure, I, for one, feel it is incumbent upon me to promote peace, prosperity, and quality of life, both here and abroad. But if Han wants to be taken seriously, he should counter the arguments in this letter with facts, not illogical panaceas, personal anecdotes, or insults. If I may be so bold, I frequently wish to tell him that his put-downs do not pass muster by any objective standards. But being a generally genteel person, however, I always bite my tongue. A person with a functioning brain does not rely on the psychological effects of terror to magnify the localized effects of Han's litanies so that, like a stone hurled into a pool of water, shock waves ripple from the epicenter of his attacks to the furthest reaches of the Earth. So don't feed me any phony baloney about how the most disingenuous New Age finks I've ever seen are all inherently good, sensitive, creative, and inoffensive. That's just not true. It would stand to reason that Han and his cat's-paws are wolves in sheep's clothing who will use psychological tools to trick us into doing whatever foolish heretics require of us in the near future. And let me tell you, Han's politics are not our only concern. To state the matter in a few words, I once managed to get Han to agree that the first casualty of his objectives is justice. Unfortunately, a few minutes later, he did a volte-face and denied that he had ever said that.

Han knows perfectly well that all he wants is to shout obscenities at passers-by, but what makes matters thoroughly intolerable is knowing that every time he tells his pals that 75 million years ago, a galactic tyrant named Xenu solved the overpopulation problem of his 76-planet federation by transporting the excess people to Earth, chaining them to volcanoes, and dropping H-bombs on them, their eyes roll into the backs of their heads as they become mindless receptacles of unsubstantiated information, which they accept without question. Although the proper definition of "mediterraneanization" is hotly disputed, it's a pity that two thousand years after Christ, the voices of uppity, morbid grizzlers like him can still be heard, worse still that they're listened to, and worst of all that anyone believes them. Throughout history, there has been a clash between those who wish to defy Han and those who wish to yield this country to the forces of darkness, oppression, and tyranny. Naturally, Han belongs to the latter category.

For him, racism is the name of the game. Likewise, he never stops boasting about his generous contributions to charitable causes. As far as I can tell, however, Han's claimed magnanimousness is utterly chimerical and, furthermore, there isn't a man, woman, or child alive today who thinks that his beliefs (as I would certainly not call them logically reasoned arguments) provide a liberating insight into life, the universe, and everything, so let's toss out that ridiculous argument of Han's from the get-go. If we let Han twist my words six ways for Sunday, then greed, corruption, and voyeurism will characterize the government. Oppressive measures will be directed against citizens. And lies and deceit will be the stock and trade of the media and educational institutions.

You may find it amusing or even titillating to read about his conjectures, but they're not amusing to me. They're deeply troubling. The main dissensus between me and Han is that I claim that Han's underlings are cut from the same mold as deceitful heresiarchs. He, on the other hand, contends that the best way to serve one's country is to elevate his cop-outs to prominence as epistemological principles.

He talks loudly about family values and personal responsibility, but when it comes to backing up those words with actions, all Han does is discourage us from expressing our newsgroup postings in whatever way we damn well please. His values promote a redistribution of wealth. This is always an appealing proposition for Han's forces because much of the redistributed wealth will undoubtedly end up in the hands of the redistributors as a condign reward for their loyalty to Han. Here's the heart of the matter: He says that he can change his cynical ways. This is at best wrong. At worst, it is a lie. Han divides the organization of his meddlesome screeds into two halves that, apparently separate from one another, in truth, form an inseparable whole. The first half seeks to leave us in the lurch, while the second half is yet another unbalanced blend of officious cannibalism and uncouth gnosticism. If he can one day destroy that which is the envy of -- and model for -- the entire civilized world, then the long descent into night is sure to follow. That's all I'm going to say in this letter, because if I were to write everything I want to write, I'd be here all night.

If you actually read all this, then you probably realized that those 10 paragraphs basically pointed out nothing.
Why?
Because this has been GENERATED from this funny complaint generator!
http://www.pakin.org/complaint/ hehe enjoy XD
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Sun May 01, 2005, 10:40 AM

Now that's some elaborate way to show a link. Confused

Don't touch me. I'm evil.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Sun May 01, 2005, 10:55 AM

Looks like a letter of complaint to me...such incredible length. O.o;
Sun May 01, 2005, 11:08 AM