Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New hope for online money: Greenzap
Thu Apr 21, 2005, 07:27 AM
New hope for online money: Greenzap
Anyone here who knows the internet would about Paypal, the world's #1 online transaction system (probably unchallenged). It's okay, I've used it well enough to understand the basic functions, though registering and authenticating the flipping account is the hardest part.

Recently they opened their service to Malaysia, but by some nonsense mentality or republican thought, they didn't think to partner up with local banks for depositing purposes. In short, if you open a Malaysian Paypal account, you'll have to tie it with an offshore american account or you're never going to see your money on your own.

In comes Greenzap.

It's supposedly a company set up to challenge Paypal and offer more benefits. I'm not sure about this but I am wondering if it'll provide a feasible alternative to the #1 online payment company, currently tied down from internationalisation thanks to the Patriot Act or somesort. (we got a malay government, malay = muslim = evil to Bush's eyes)

Anyhow, Greenzap's legitimacy is shot like swiss cheese, some saying an IP trace of details leads to a PO box in a grocery store and it has some overlapping similarities with Jett99 or some scam thingy. There have been word it could be collecting info to use and email addresses to mask spam with.

I joined it and we'll see how it turns out, being an online merchant I need some kind of payment system that I can fund directly to me. I'm also here to warn you all NOT TO JOIN IT YET, as enticing as the pre-register $25 is, it may not be worth anything if it goes down the shitter.

I joined and will face the consequences alone should there be any, so you don't have to.

Who knows? If this works, we can do AnthroMalaysia based arts and stuff, sell off and amass a piggybank to later use for trips and meets.

I kill you with chopsticks.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Thu Apr 21, 2005, 01:58 PM

*bows before the brave loup for facing the danger* Big smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Exclamation Construct wire robots online aebot 1 4,062 Sun Oct 02, 2005 01:50 AM
Last Post: Canis Enigmas